2.10.10

Paper Folding

For this exercise we had to start with a basic shape i.e. a square, circle, triangle etc. and then create a series of rules to follow in order to expand on the original shape.

My rules:
  • Make a fold line
  • Make a cut line
  • Every third square cut a section out


This was start of the making process, below the shapes is my original drawn out plan 


 This is all the shapes joined; whatever I did to the first one I had to do to the rest and so on. I joined them using cello-tape and staples. I like how the majority look quite similar until the last four when the cut out shapes distort the structure


I wanted to do more with the last four shapes so I made them three-dimensional by twisting them round into more cone-like shapes that could stand up 



I found this process really helpful as it helped open up my mind to how you can be creative and generate ideas without using material or a figure as your starting point

No comments:

Post a Comment